This is a Miss Strong all time clean favorite, as well as our top featured breakfast recipe. Like we always say, we keep our food simple. We use ingredients that can be found in a natural environment, and create wonderful combinations that can be transformed on your plate. This is a recipe to stay lean, clean, and mindful of farm to table dining. Cook this Southwest flared taco in minutes, feel like you’re eating a gourmet creation at your kitchen table, and have absolutely no guilt, no shame, and no concern. 100% fresh and wholesome ingredients, incredible flavor, and fuel for those strong, growing muscles! Ideas in our kitchen, to success on your plate.
– 1 all natural, 100% medium corn tortilla
– 1/2 avocado
– small handful/sprinkle of fresh kale or arugula
– 1/2 smoked, diced lean sausage
– 3 whole eggs, 2 egg whites
– 4 slices of red bell peppers
– 1/4 cup scallions
– 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
– 1 apricot, split in half
– 2 blackberries
– optional: fresh cheese
1. Heat up either a small teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil in a medium pan heated over medium heat, so eggs do not stick to pan.
2. Crack eggs directly into the pan, making sure to separate the whites from the yolks for the remaining 2 eggs.
3. Scramble eggs around, and mix in peppers, scallions, cheese, and diced lean sausage. Add the tomatoes when the eggs looks just about done, to prevent sogginess from occurring. Mix in the kale/arugula so that it turns a darker green, and has the consistency of cooked spinach leaves.
4. In the several minutes during the egg preparation, place a medium sized, 100% corn tortilla in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, or in the microwave until crispy and rigid. Place on a plate.
5. Pour the egg scramble over the crispy tortilla, and top with fresh diced avocado. Split the apricot in half, remove the pit, and place a blackberry in the center of each half.
6. That’s it. Your Southwest Breakfast Taco is baked. Simple. Quick. Nutritious. And absolutely delicious.