Whole Grain Veggie YUM Flat Bread pizza. Pizza is a favorite…it is also known for its notorious number of calories, amount of grease, sodium and ahem….attack of cheese. Well when ya put it like THAT….nevermind, right?! But you don’t have to skip the pizza when you have a craving. This is a great, clean recipe that will satisfy your cravings and taste buds for meat eaters, vegetarians, pizza lovers, and all those in between! Our favorite part is that it is incredibly SIMPLE. This won’t take hours to make…it fits perfectly with all our recipes and philosophy of keeping things simple, quick, and delicious.
Brought to us by Brittany, the owner of the Fitspirational blog is Whole Grain Veggie Flat Bread Pizza. Or, we can just call it…pizza. The right way! For a vegan spin, as Brittany suggests, replace normal cheese with vegan cheese.
– Whole grain flat bread or whole grain pizza crust (Rustic Made Natural Crust)
– Fresh mozzarella, gouda, goat, or cheddar cheese
– Summer Squash
– Sauteed Red Peppers
– Arugula with lemon vinaigrette dressing
– organic/unprocessed tomato sauce
1. You can make flat bread yourself, although it will take more time than finding pre prepared flat bread and baking it. Making it from scratch is wonderful, but if you’re short on time, set out a pre made flat bread crust. Miss Strong suggests, and loves Rustic All Natural Ready Made Crust.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Lay your crust on a pizza pan, and top with tomato sauce. Spread the veggies out, followed by a light layer of cheese, and sprinkle arugula over very top.
4. Bake 8-10 min. Slice. Enjoy.